Nova Theatre are looking to work with Black and Non Black People of Colour who are interested in making theatre.
Nova Theatre are a Wales based, multi-disciplinary theatre company who have achieved success in physical and devised theatre, new writing and audio drama.
In 2020, Nova Theatre welcomed a recovery grant from the Arts Council of Wales to stabalise and strengthen the company. Part of Nova’s recovery strategy is to share experiences and learnings with Black and NBPOC grassroots/ early career artists and producers who may not have had the opportunities we have had as an all-white company. In turn, we ask that our processes and ideas are discussed and challenged by you.
The content of this programme will be developed in consultation with the successful artists but as an idea could include the following:
- Advice on building experience as a writer, director, choreographer and producer
- How to run a small theatre company
- How to find opportunities and funding
- How to make devised theatre
- How to structure and write a play
We welcome applications from people of African or Caribbean heritage and People of East Asian and South East Asian heritage who are based in Wales and have an interest in writing/making, directing/ choreography and producing.
No experience necessary.
The placements will be undertaken remotely
£1000.00 per person. There are three positions available. The breakdown of the fee is to be discussed and confirmed.
The placements will take place between January 2021 and 31 March 2021. Exacts dates to be discussed and confirmed.
To apply please send a cover letter/expression of interest (no longer than 2 pages) to email@example.com by 15 January that includes the following:
- What roles interest you in theatre? Or what roles would you like to find out more about?
- How this opportunity might be useful for you right now.
- What do you like creating? what work have you seen that you like? please tell us about anything that inspires you"
- How you heard about this opportunity