Overview of role
Orchard is a leading integrated agency based in central Cardiff, working with clients such as Welsh Government, MotoNovo Finance, Principality Building Society and our strategic partners Heavenly. We’re going through some exciting changes in the Creative department and we’re now looking for a Senior Designer to join our team, initially on a 3-month basis as maternity cover.
As Senior Designer, you will work both independently and collaboratively, supporting the Creative Director by overseeing the Creative team and ensuring that our creative work is to the highest standard. You will be highly experienced in working within a creative or advertising agency, with an impressive portfolio demonstrating strong graphic design skills, supported by conceptual and creative thinking. Not only will you be expected to come up with original, creative ideas but you’ll be able to present and sell your concepts to clients.
Please apply by submitting a copy of your CV, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com
- Create concepts and communications that deliver and rationalise the client’s brief.
- Direct and manage projects to keep them on-concept and on-brand.
- Manage and mentor creative team members.
- Work closely with Client Services or directly with clients, as required
- Oversee the creative quality of internal marketing materials e.g. tenders, pitches, social content etc.
All about you
Your key skills:
- Strong conceptual thinker and problem solver
- Highly proficient in standard graphic design software
- Proven team leadership and motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent Welsh speaker is desirable
- Experience in brand and campaign development
- Experience of an Agency environment
- Experience working to a tight deadline within a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in leading creative teams
- Experience in confidently engaging with senior teams