In Cardiff, throughout the last five years in particular, we've seen a number of innovative hub spaces established. These are places where creatives, entrepreneurs and digital innovators – working as freelancers or in small companies – have found a home to work.
In order to understand this coworking environment, we’ve held a number of events and carried out work including:
- a Pop-up Hub at Wales Millennium Centre (2016)
- a Show & Tell event with hubs focus (2016)
- a Hub Crawl which visited three Cardiff hubs (2017)
- the Networking Creative Hubs project - part of a City Region Exchange programme at Cardiff University (2017)
- the Ymlaen! scheme - a creative desk space placement for graduates in partnership with Rabble Studio and Cardiff University Enterprise and Start-Up team (2017)
- establishing the Coworking Collective - a group of people producing, directing or supporting coworking spaces and creative hubs in the Cardiff Capital Region (2018)
- delivery of a training programme for the British Council in Thailand focused on creative hubs (2018)
- the British Council Connect For Creativity project focusing on research into the role of creative hubs and clusters for intercultural dialogue (2019) and
- a Hub Crawl for students from Cardiff University, Cardiff Metropolitan University and University of South Wales to tour creative coworking spaces in the city in 2020.